Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: food (WAS: Nathan's PAW 45: Spanish hams)
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 07:36:21 +0000

Your original comment was made to an American who had spent a lot of
his career working in Europe. It is true that there is a wide variety
of food in both different parts of the USA and Europe - I travel abroad
about 25 times per year and have for the last 28 years. It is always
worthwhile trying the local specialities off the beaten track.
Restaurants near tourist areas need not seek loyal customers as
potential new ones are passing all the time - quality usually suffers.
I know most Americans never travel abroad (I heard only 9% have a
passport) there is plenty of variety already at home!
cheers
Frank