Subject: Re: [Leica] some new snaps, a propos
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 17:36:15 -0800

Tina,

The use of a wide angle lens is hardly a problem here. It's quite obvious.
The question is the context of the photo and why the photographer chose that
subject. If the report from this web site is true only shows this
Palestinian photographer should not be on the payroll of AFP. But my
impression of this web site - especially the last sentence of that article -
convinces me that the bias and distortion might just be them, not the photo
or AFP.

on 11/8/03 8:53 AM, Tina Manley at images@InfoAve.Net wrote:

> A different slant on a recent news photograph:
>
> http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/critiques/Something_Fishy_at_AFP.asp
>
> Using a wide angle lens is distorting the truth?

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"Where books are burned in the end people will burned, too."  Heinrich Heine

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: some new snaps, a propos)