Subject: RE:[Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:45:35 +0100

Though not being a professional photojournalist I don't feel concerned by
the interaction between the photographer and his subjects and about the
"truth" of a photography and I consider the approach of Tina as highly ethic
but I cannot forget this statement of quantic physic researchers that have
declared that "any" investigation of a subject, part of a atom, couldn't be
true as the activity of the searcher always modified the thing observed.

It seems to me that it is absolutely true about Photography. The presence of
the photographer, be the author honest or not, always change the attitude of
the men photographed. Excuse me, today my English is truly bad... (just an
accident with my left biceps broken) but I think that this thread is
fascinating!

Felix

Replies: Reply from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: RE:[Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone)
Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@charter.net> (Re: RE:[Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone)