Subject: Re: [Leica] re: The Decisive Moment is gone
From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:19:30 -0500

Tina:

I don't agree with the NCPPA board. These are the type of simple
adjustments that have been made in the darkroom for the past century.
If there was a way to go back in time, I'll bet that they have used
plenty of darkroom dodging and burning in their own photos themselves,
and that the resulting photos were printed without any caveats.

In the first photo he removed a distracting large background blur... so
what?

What is the difference between the altered and unaltered second photo?

He made the third photo a bit lighter, so what?

There is NOTHING in the three photos presented which would lead me to
think that Schneider had done anything to these photos which would have
deceived the public.

I hope that he finds a way to sue their sorry behinds for slander.

Jim, "astonished at their self righteousness" Hemenway