Subject: RE: [Leica] PAWs
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:11:55 -0500

For sure it's great playing with digital, but for work
I am inclined to go back to film.  Not 35mm film,
and certainly not for all work.  Work here means shoot
with intent to keep, aiming at a high percentage of keepers,
(which sounds like kippers when you hear me say it:-).
That's landscape, portrait, studio work, fine arts, etc.
for me.  Stuff that I use larger format for.  I am debating
whether to get a high-end digital SLR (which means the 11Mpix
Canon 1Ds for me, given my existing Canon lenses) or buy an
scanner capable of scanning up to at least 4x5, perhaps an
Imacon.

Cheers,

- - Phong

No ARCHIVE