Subject: [Leica] Re: something something ...
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:57:50 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Barney Quinn <barney.quinn@noaa.gov> wrote:

> I have some strong feelings about the "lifestyle" analysis of
> disease. Not everyone is in a position where change is possible.
> For instance, stress can kill, yet in the United States many people
> have to work two and even three jobs to make ends meet.
> They, and others, simply have no choice but to accept the damage
> and hope for the best.

I disagree that there is no choice.  There is always a choice, whether we recognize we are choosing or not.  We might consider some of the options to be unacceptable, other times we may have been raised or otherwise programmed to not consider some choices, but there is always a choice.  In Barney's example working 2 or 3 jobs is often chosen to avoid changing one's lifestyle.  Knowing that we have options even if we don't like the consequences of those options is empowering and can reduce the stress from feeling trapped by circumstances.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Re: something something ...)