Subject: Re: [Leica] something something and now animals
From: "Barney Quinn" <Barney.Quinn@noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:34:25 -0500

John,

I don't know if I understand what you are trying to say. There certainly
are operations which will prolong one's life. Ask a cancer or heart
patient. And, serious disease, like blindness can most certainly shorten
ones life in a number of ways which range from making one more accident
prone, more subject to opportunistic diseases, to destroying ones will to
live. I think that your analysis vastly underestimates the pernicious
effects that chronic illness has on people.

Barney