Subject: Re: [Leica] California bashing - was Fires
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:43:10 -0600

We must be thinking of two different Jerry Browns.  Jerry Brown the
Governor that I know would support whatever was currently popular and would
never buck the popular trend, about as "Wishy Washy" as they come.  About
the only good thing I can remember him doing was to date Linda Ronstadt,
although I'm pretty sure that killed her singing career.  I had vowed to
leave the country if he got elected to be President.  Lucky for me he did
not make it very far as a candidate, and I retained my access to Disneyland
and Knott's Berry Farm.

Gene

                      Adam Bridge
                      <abridge@mac.com>                   To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  [Leica] California bashing - was Fires
                      -alto.ca.us

                      10/29/2003 09:24 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Boy - people sure have it in for Jerry Brown and I'm not sure why. I know
several people who work for him and with him and they respect him. I think
he's
doing a reasonable job as the mayor of Oakland. He wasn't a bad governor,
certainly he was a hell of a lot better than Gray Davis (who was his aide)
could
ever dream of being: because Brown had a philosophy he followed it. He
didn't
run things by the f*cking polls.

I admired that even when I disagreed with him which I often did. But at
least I
knew it.

Adam