Subject: Re: [Leica] My Leica M digital solution
From: Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:23:26 -0600

sam said the following on 10/29/2003 9:23 PM:

> My 30 year old Voightlander VF135 rangefinder has a 40mm f/2.4 lens, a
> bright rangefinder, is pocketable, has fully automatic and manual modes,
> is easy to use, and achieves impressive pictorial results.
>
> As per Leica's CM description below, in comparison the Voightlander
> lacks a detailed LED display and a semi-rare metal cage.
>
> No matter how many point-and-shoot Japanese cameras, both film and
> digital, Leica markets, all they are doing is lowering the excitment bar
> lower and lower.
>

> Sam S

Specs sound a lot like my Nikon 35Ti -- now discontinued. Same size, 1/2
stop lens difference, solid titanium. Why could they not make the M6
titanium that way I still do not know -- it would be a lot lighter (yes,
I have read all the stuff in the archives - I still want a real solid
titanium M6 to go with my titanium Breitling watch.)

- --
Clive
http://clive.moss.net

Message from sam <sam@osheaven.net> (Re: [Leica] My Leica M digital solution)