Subject: Re: [Leica] Annie Leibovitz
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:53:59 -0800

grduprey@rockwellcollins.com wrote:

> Could it be that she has a long last name? ;-)
>
> Gene

Annie Leibovitz was covering the Rock Scene with 35m Nikons and pushed
Tri X long ago.
Other's were doing a better job but she did ok.
When she started doing the squares her shots got more interesting. More square.
You know. The formal thing! Concepts!
And she became more famous than most her subjects.

I like the shot of the great Emma Thompson wrapped up in toilet paper.
I think it is a joke on Annie and a triumph for Emmas long standing
dream of her definition of stupid fame.
I think for decades she dreamed of making an ass of A.L. by getting shot
by her wrapped in toilet paper. I bet it sounded good as an ongoing
joke. TP 'd as they say and this is the season for it.
That wish finally came true.
Some get a hand print in the sidewalk.
Emma got TP'd by Annie.

Some would wish to wear an asbestos suit and light themselves on fire
and strike and interesting pose for Annie. Maybe dive off a building
into a pool. I don't know how many colors you can paint people. She Got
Meryl in a bath tub of Milk how about some nice yellow water and some
stinky talent in it. Its not as if it's not been done and attracted a
lot of attention.
I thought of doing myself people with their cats but lets fact it that's
pretty boring compared to what Annie does. I think we'd need to dress up
the cats in funny outfits. Like super heroes. Hulk Cat.

Rocky J. Squirrel.

Mark Rabovitz

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com