Subject: [Leica] Annie Leibovitz
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:13:38 -0800

About a week ago I saw an exhibit, called "Rewarding Lives", of Annie
Leibovitz's portraits in San Francisco. She made these photographs of
well-known persons for an American Express advertising campaign. The
poster-sized prints are displayed in a very well designed display space.
Annie's work is - to me - entertaining but as Tina and The New York Times
point out, neither spontaneous nor revealing. Among the celebrities is our
governor-elect, bare-chested and chomping a cigar, astride a white horse.
Oliver Bryk