Subject: RE: [Leica] shot not possible with digital
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:01:58 -0400

Olympus E-1, DSLR - 28-110 zoom - ISO 800 - f 2.8 at 1/15th of a second
- - on a moving subway train....
http://www.leica-gallery.net/bdcolen/image-54845.html

This suggestion that you need an M or people will freak out and point at
your camera is such horseshit people who claim it should be required to
clean up after themselves with a shovel. Yes, the M's a wonderful
camera. And, yes, you can usually hand hold it at slower speeds than you
can hand hold any SLR. But I have NEVER had people react differently to
me when shooting with an SLR than they do with shooting with an M. I'd
suggest the important thing is how the photographer handles him or
herself, not what he or she shoots with. ;-)

B. D.

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] shot not possible with digital)