Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak High Definition 400
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:00:19 -0700

Peter Klein wrote:

> Does anyone know if Kodak High Definition 400 is a new film, or an old film
> renamed?
>
> I just shot a roll of it outdoors at EI 200.  I've often done this with
> Supra 400 and T400CN, with excellent results.  I didn't like what I got
> with Hi-Def 400 when enlarged much.  Not sure if it was the film or the
> processing.
>
> I believe Supra 400 has been discontinued.  Can anyone suggest a film with
> similar qualities?  I can't understand why they discontinued such a good
> film.  It worked nicely with low light at EI 400 and in full daylight at EI
> 200, and was hardly any grainier than Supra 100.
>
> --Peter
>
> --

Brings state-of-the-art KODAK ADVANTIX Film technology to 35 mm, for
superior grain in the
       400-speed class.
>From the Kodak site.

Which must mean they tried real hard because the film is so damn small.

Maybe if you scratch it talks to you! Scratch and talk!

"Too much magenta channel Harry it's a Middle grey Caddy not a pink-mobile!"

Mark Rabiner

"Having a wonderful time wish you were CRUNCH."
"Boy this Caddy drives so smooth i can decorate this cake in the back
seat! CRUNCH"

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com