Subject: Re: [Leica] Is digital photography necrophilia?
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:32:18 -0700

I will be in the Far East for a month this November, then in North Africa
for a month in Dec/Jan.  I think I'll invite B.D. along to guard the $10,000
worth of digital accessories (laptops, hard drives, satphones, etc) whenever
I walk away from the car to shoot, and to haul the two 30lb Pelican cases
that contain it all in and out of hotels and inns, onto buses, trains, etc.
Oh, and when surly border officials question us about why we are carrying a
bunch of spy equipment, it will suddenly all belong to B.D!  "Gee sir, I
don't know anything about that stuff.  It belongs to this guy here.
No...sorry, I don't know him at all".  Every evening, I'll have him do the
downloading and backing up, while I go down to the bar.  When we get back,
we can all quiz him on the wonders of digital photography.

All in fun!   ;-)

- --Jim (tongue firmly in cheek)