Subject: Re: [Leica] watching...waiting
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 07:22:48 -0700

Ted, working on this and then hearing your comments, along with those
of Tina and Nathan,  was valuable ... I was too fixated on having the
Mother there, but I must agree, it just doesn't work...I will try it
the other way, and possibly, post the result....

thanks, Steve

> Steve Barbour showed:
> Subject: [Leica] watching...waiting
> > fresh from the OR.... the long wait.
> >> http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-54546.html<<<<
>
> Hi Steve,
> This may have been mentioned...
>
> The person on the right is a distraction. Actually it's the big
Superman "S"
> letter on her chest that catches the eye first, then you look at the
child
> and doctor.
>
> The impact of the picture is lost because of the "S" person and the
gap
> between her and the doctor. I'd have cropped into the left shoulder
of the
> doctor to a point just re-moving the dark "hump" behind her
shoulder, adding
> a "slight" burning down of the child, left side of the frame top to
bottom,
> and across the bottom holding the viewers eye right to the action,
> doctor-patient.
>
> Once again you prove how important eyes are in people picture
situations!

> We hear with our ears,  the doctor with the "stethoscope." But we
listen
> with our eyes!!! And that's exactly what this doctor is doing ......
> "Listening with her eyes!"
>
> On occasion when shooting or cropping we tend to include "too much"
because
> of what we "know," in this case the mother on the right waiting.
However,

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> ([Leica] watching...waiting/PICU alt)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] watching...waiting)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] watching...waiting/PICU alt)