Subject: Re: [Leica] Anyone been using the DiMAGE 5400?
From: "Jorge M. Treviņo" <jorge@jorgemtrevino.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:50:40 -0500

Mark,

If you do a "Linear" 16 bit scan, you will be doing the equivalent of a RAW
scan; all the adjustments can then be done in Photoshop. I've found this to
be better and faster than fumbling with the Dimage Scan Utility controls.

What I haven't been able to confirm is if adjusting the exposure actually
makes the scanner to modify the amount of light that the film receives
during the scan process or not. In that case, exposure adjustments prior to
the scan make a lot of sense.

Jorge.