Subject: [Leica] Re: Ebay-fraud?
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:10:45 -0500

Jerry:

>The bank told me that it would take 10 working days to be certain that a third
>party check would be in my account.

While we're on the scam topics, that reminds me of another scam I heard
about that involved counterfeit checks.  It turns out that if the check
later turns out to be counterfeit, the bank can come back and take the money
back out of your account even after they've told you that it was good.  So
just depositing a check and waiting the customary two weeks isn't enough
protection in *all* cases.

Eric

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Ebay-fraud?)
Message from "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Ebay-fraud?)