Subject: Re: [Leica] Ebay-fraud?
From: "Higa Isaku" <isakuhiga@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:30:48 -0400

I've got the following email after my unsuccessful bid.  I've forwarded to
ebay fraud control but did not get much of a useful response other than
their mass-mailing "thank you for reporting etc.etc."

"a brand new" Leicaflext SL with "international warranty" for $500!   Back
to the Future!

Isaku

>From: manuel_ibanez_1@yahoo.es
>To: isakuhiga@hotmail.com
>Subject: Leica Leicaflex SL 35mm SLR Black Body
>Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:00:09 PDT
>

>To member:   ihiga
>From member: marybethdog
>
>--------------------
>

>Hello, my name is Manuel Ibanez , I am from Madrid, Spain, and I hope
>that
>I won't waste your precious time with my offer. I saw that you are
>interested in buying a Leica Leicaflex SL 35mm SLR Black Body and that you
also placed
>bid for this item. I'm contacting you to let you know that i have a
>brand new, 100% identical item whith the one you are interested of,
>item
>that also has an international warranty by factory. If you are
>interested in closing this deal with me I will give you a 100% safe and
>fast method to close this deal. I can offer you this product at a
>special price of 500.00$ , shipping charges included, only if you want
>to close the deal.I think this is a good opportunity specially for you but
also for me because I have the possibility to get this item at a lower
price by my brother who has a disscount at his workplace.Please contact me
at

learn more.  Link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/new/stopping_spam.html