Subject: Re: [Leica] Portfolio
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:00:49 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> I'm no lawyer, but I don't believe that our IRS gives a rat's behind
> what not having it will cost him - they will want to know what it will
> cost him to replace it. Obviously, to paraphrase the Master Card ad,
> "Cost of not having a portfolio? Priceless." :-)

I just know if you were out your camera you could get one the next day
and be back in business.
But a portfolio you can not put back together in one day.
It might take a week or more to put it back together.
During that period of time you are also pretty much out of business
become so much of the jobs coming in depend on a portfolio showing. The
majority of mine have. I'm not famous.
No portfolio no job. My red dot doesnt get me hired. MY taste in cameras
doesnt get me hired. I do have the pictures on my walls though.
Having a camera is OK but with no jobs coming in it's not going to make
yo any money.
It takes both…
a camera and a portfolio to make a photographer.
I'd not be surprised if the I.R.S. did know that.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com