Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:[leica] Recent Airport Experience with Bulk film
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:37:36 -0700

I travel by air a lot (~170 flights/year) and almost always carry a camera
with fim (mostly 400 ASA B&W, sometimes color), and pass through security
checkpoints often.  I used to ask for hand checks (and still do when there
is no line), but more often than not I allow the agents to x-ray my film.  I
have never seen any ill effects on my negs/prints/slides attributable to the
exams.  I sense this fear of x-rays is a throwback to earlier days when
machinery was less sophisticated.

Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ
http://jackmclain-photography.dotcommunity.net