Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Lens Book
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 09:34:46 -0700

Gene said: gently ;-)

Subject: [Leica] Leica Lens Book
> Yesterday I received my copy of the new lens book from Leica.  The
> information and photographs in the lens section are very good, although I
> would have liked more info and photos.  However, the Photo Tour
photographs
> by Ralph Gibson are pure Garbage!  With the exception of maybe 3 photos,
> they are all nothing but out of focus, severely in most cases, junk
photos.
> Granted, 'Artsy' photography is not my bag, but these are a pure waste of
> good film.  I had hoped to see some good depictions of the factory and the
> processes used to produce Leica products.  If I had shot what Mr. Gibson
> did, I would have trashed them immediately, or my wife would have.<<<<

Gene mon ami,
The Ralph Gibson lovers will be sending you ticking boxes in the mail! ;-)
Or flames so bad you'll have screen melt down as you sit before your
machine. ;-) I'd definately sit back from the desk at least ten feet or more
the next time you down load. :-)

I realize what you've said and agree with you, that you are speaking the
truth. However, as usual when a "name" is built by the cult builders the
"name can shoot whatever crap" they wish and the believers will always get
wet knickers simply because the "name shot it" ERGO! It's wonderful,
meaningful, exotic, the finest ever seen or created by man.

When in true reality it's bull shit crap by any standards!! But, oh my
Ralphie boy shot it, Leica love it! And we all know what Leica marketing
humans know about what's good and bad. ERGO: it's no different than I said
above... crap!

And in the eyes of most un-cult folks it wouldn't make it past file 13!

Now you wont be alone, as I too shall sit well back from the screen and ask
Sandy to go on a dangerous assignment mission and open the next download!
;-)

ted

Man you'd think by the above I didn't have anything more important to do.

Replies: Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica Lens Book)