Subject: Re: [Leica] More digital comments
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:31:41 -0700

Douglas Herr wrote:

> bdcolen <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >... I'm not a Canon shooter. But the primes you site [sic] are
> > said to be truly outstanding. Actually, the lens that keeps getting
> > mentioned is the 50 1.4, which is said to be a real stunner.
>
> As long as you ignore bokeh and distortion.
>
> Doug Herr

A bunch of friends of mine got together with their 50's and tested them
by shooting a newspaper on a wall with studio strobes and a tripod.
Cannon won. Beat Nikon, Contax Leica was not at the front of the heap.
I was not impressed.
The only time i shoot newspaper in when they are crumpled into large
fluffy balls blowing down the street like tumbleweed under high winds. I
only say that because this happened once. I was chasing after them
wishing i had a moter drive. ONe of those full moon at high noon days.
Ah the warm and fuzzy feeling i get from my 50 Summicron with removable
hood. Not that the pics it takes are warm and fuzzy.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com