Subject: Re: [Leica] Any way to use polarizing filter on old R lense made touseseries 6 filters?
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:59:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Sorry for the delay but I had to dig in my old catalogs to find out if
> the R4 series used a semi-silvered mirror with a fresnel reflector.
> They do so you will have to use circular polarizers. Ms are fine with
> both types of polarizers.

All Leica reflex cameras except the original Leicaflex Standard have a semi-silvered reflex mirror for metering so except for the Leicaflex Standard, circular polarizing filters should be used with all Leica reflex cameras for accurate metering.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com