Subject: Re: [Leica] Must see sights in Chicago.
From: "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:55:01 -0700

Hi Don,  I wish you had asked your question 25 years ago as I at that time
was driving a cab working my way through school. Chicago in October can be
glorious...Indian Summer...Around the U of Chicago there is the Midway lots
of great scenery. There is Rockefeller Chapel, the Hyde Park area, also
Robey House the first example of Wright's "Prairie School" The campus area
should be fine, but don't stray too far.  If you get to the "Loop" visit
Central Camera I believe they are the oldest camera store in the country,
doing business since the 1890's....still in the same family! I went to high
school with the President Don Flesch...didn't know his family owned the
store at the time. I have a fairly strong recollection of Downtown but as I
said it is 25 years old. One final caveat...If the Cubs should win the World
Series expect to see icebergs in Lake Michigan as Hell will be frozen
over!!!