Subject: Re: [Leica] That's Kvetch With a "K"
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:18:20 -0700

One of the old "Murder, She Wrote" episodes involved Ricardo Montalbon as a
Yugoslavian concert pianist who killed his wife.  His "out" was that he
couldn't have fired the gun.  He had come home drunk, spilled a bottle of
Slivovitz in the wastebasket, and then badly burned his hands when he
accidently set it alight after throwing his lit cigar into the same
wastebasket.

Jessica Fletcher's urbane British friend Dennis Stanton, ex-jewel thief
turned insurance investigator, fingered Ricardo.  Turns out that Ricardo's
character had been a partisan in Yugoslavia in WWII.  He had been tortured,
and developed the ability to withstand extreme pain.  He was also
developing a neurological disorder that would soon end his concert
career.  Knowing this, he staged the "accident" with the Slivovitz, then
shot his wife, figuring that the police would not suspect that a man with
severely burned hands could fire a gun.  As a concert pianist, his hands
were insured for millions.  He would collect a big insurance settlement,
and then live happily ever after with his luscious young female student.

Moral:  Stay away from Slivovitz. The stuff was the rocket fuel in a secret
Eastern European space program.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] That's Kvetch With a "K")