Subject: RE: [Leica] Kodak Focus now ROFLOL
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:49:36 -0400

John,
Based on Canon's financials last year their digital group is profitable.
Olympus as well is profitable and has successfully changed from a film
company to a digital company.  I suspect as well that Sony is profitable
on their digital side as they are using many of the same components in
all of their imaging products.  I believe that everyone else is still
hemorrhaging money.  Current business models predict that if you are
number one or two in market share you will make a good profit, after
that you probably lose money.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Has anybody made money in digital? Aren't they still in the stage of
accepting losses to ensure future market place? These cameras cost a
fortune to develop (except for the digital M of course) and you can't
give them away after a year.

John Collier