Subject: Re: [Leica] Cameras FS New Store -- Speaking of Nikons
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:42:31 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/03 6:28:11 PM, kenf@speakeasy.net writes:

<< So you paid $77 for a perfect Nikon F? Pretty damn unusual. >>

Maybe my arithmetic may be off. I think I paid about $300+ for the Nikon F
new with a standard pentaprism and f2 50mm lens, which I had converted by Nikon
to AE for $30 when they offered that deal. The store in question was charging
$600 for the pentaprism and $800 for the pentaprism and lens combined. I don't
know what they wanted for an F body. But it seems the F is constantly rising
in the market. Ever try to sell a used Olympus 4040 digital after the Oly 5050
came out? Want a real bargain in a new Nikon? Take a look at the latest Nikon
FM family. I recall this baby will provide a full range of mechanical as well
as electronic shutter speeds. I have no idea how Nikon did that. Leica Solms
should have done it in the M7. I think the M7 furnishes two mechanical speeds.

br

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Cameras FS New Store -- Speaking of Nikons)