Subject: [Leica] An afternoon in Hull
From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:00:11 -0400

Pete is one of my friends going back to when we were about 6 or 7 years
old.  On this day I had gone down to Hull, (it's south of Boston and I
live north of) to shoot some 11x14s of Boston Light and its approaches.

While there I dropped off at the Nantasket Beach Saltwater Club as Pete
was finishing up his mooring business.  At 60 he's had enough of moving
these huge pieces of cast iron out of and into the water, early spring
and late into Autumn... too damn cold, especially on the hands.  So
these are just a few shots taken of Pete getting the last three moorings
out of the water to prepare things for the new mooring biz owner.

We then went to Clay's summer home about a 1/2 mile away and which
overlooks the Atlantic. I shot some pics of the lighthouse and outer
harbor with the 11x14 and with the R8 using the fisheye and the 19mm,
love that 19mm.

Pete is a retired high school biology teacher and Clay has his own
accounting business... but they both have a lifelong love of the sea.

http://www.hemenway.com/Hull/index.htm