Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting question - an Operating Room
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:18:59 -0400

At 07:46 AM 9/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>I've been given an assignment to shoot a surgeon in action in the O.R.
>(which I've never done)
>
>Other than the obvious (scrubbing in etc.), what other problems should I
>anticipate?
>
>-Do I have to have the equip. sterilized?  Bagged?  (if so what bag - how do
>you change rolls?)
>
>I have a meeting coming up & don't want to be completely unprepared.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Steven Blutter

Steven -

You and your equipment will probably not be sterile.  They have non-sterile
people working in the operating room, too.  You just have to be very
careful not to touch anything that is sterile.  They will probably have you
wear scrubs and slippers.  My scrubs have always had big pockets that are
handy for holding film.  I concentrate on not distracting the doctors in
any way.  Move slowly and quietly.  I carry 3 M's with various lenses and
try not to have to change lenses.  There will be plenty of light.  As Ted
will say, "Watch their eyes.  That's where the photos are."

Good luck and have fun!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com