Subject: Re: [Leica] New Macro-Adapter with other M lenses, was: New LeicaMacro-Elmar M 90/4
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:08:14 +0200

Le mardi, 23 sep 2003, à 22:33 Europe/Brussels, Jerry Lehrer a écrit :

> Yes, just as I thought.  Leica cleverly arranged it so it is
> virtually a package deal.  Lens alone=OK, Adapter alone=
> useless!

Leica's goal is to achieve the best quality possible, not to compromise
it.

> HOWEVER,  if the lens mount ring on the adapter could
> be rotated 180 degrees, things might work out.  Lens cam
> is back on top to match the follower in the adapter.

As you can see on the Macro-Adapter's picture, there is a flange
missing at the top of its bayonet, which is the bottom on the normal
camera bayonet. As you can also see, the way the screws attaching the
bayonet are placed will make it very difficult to rotated it.

http://www.photo.net/bboard/big-image?bboard_upload_id=14557584

I'm sure that the Macro-Elmar's cam and bayonet are quite different
than on other lenses at 180 degree of the normal contact point with the
camera rangefinder wheel cam.

Lucien

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] New Macro-Adapter with other M lenses, was: New LeicaMacro-Elmar M 90/4)