Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica Macro-Elmar M 90/4 - BD's response
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:41:28 -0400

Well BD, your druthers for close-focus seem to require a complete second camera system. Lets see, a Nikon SLR with 60/f2.8 macro, or an unobtainable Olympus E1 with 100/f2 macro, or a Leica R system of some sort, (all big and bigger bucks).

Leica is giving us a close-focus, (note, I did not say Macro) capability with a NEW 90, and a pocketable attachment. I can have my same walk-around kit with 35, 50 & 90 and just a small added gadget to stick in a pocket, and the 90 is new glass from Leica.

As to John Collier's point on the background shifting from what you see in the viewfinder with the eyes, I have never heard anyone complaining about that with the DR Summicron.

Regards, Paul Connet