Subject: Re: [Leica] Now Departing...Your Favorite >Specialty Camera Store moving further OT
From: Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:07:25 -0500

LP is not alive. It is dead, like cassettes, 8-track, and 78s. Get over it.
The sound quality is inferior to CDs, as perceived by most listeners
(including me). If you prefer the distortions of LP to the distortions of
CD, fine, buy the scratchy stuff when you can find it. Neither is much like
a live performance of a symphony orchestra. I cannot comment on
rock/pop/etc -- I have never been to a live rock performance. I don't want
to get into an argument about this here. If you listen to music, rather
than recordings, the difference does not matter much.

At 05:10 AM 9/21/2003, Nelson Chan wrote:
>The reason why LP is alive is
>due to its superior sound compared to CDs.

- --
Clive
http://clive.moss.net

Replies: Reply from "A. Lal" <alal@duke.poly.edu> ([Leica] LPs (was: Now Departing...Your Favorite Specialty Camera Store moving further OT))