Subject: Re: [Leica] FOCUS GROUPS for LEICA/ HERMES
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:33:52 -0700

That generation gap still has some people referring to blacks as
"colored." Highly offensive now. And all my Asian friends (and I have a
bunch down here in Southern California form Japan, China, Korea,
Philippines) would take great offense at me saying "Oriental" in
reference to anything resembling a human being.

Besides, the "Orient" includes Turkey and other Middle East countries.
So accuracy is even in question when people use it.

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 02:09  PM, Jack McLain wrote:

> We have at worst a generation gap
> here.

Eric
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.jphotog.com

"Clichés are like analogies. At the end of the day, you're just beating
a dead horse"

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] FOCUS GROUPS for LEICA/ HERMES)
Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> ([Leica] Orientall)