Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital now Tina is back
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:50:04 -0400

At 06:48 PM 9/21/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Tina,
>Welcome back!  I would like to know how you found the 10D and the lenses
>you brought, I know you don't frequently go down to the 19 when you were
>using R's, but if I recall you took the 24-70(?) and maybe the 50 1.4.
>Last, were you tempted to use the 10d with the family by upping the ISO?
>
>Don
>dorysrus@mindspring.com

Don -

I started out using the 50/1.4 Canon lens because I thought I would need
the extra speed, but I found it was much more flexible to use the Canon
24-70/2.8 and change the ISO when the light was not enough.  I did use the
10D with the family in addition to the M7.  The photos look great at 1600
ISO, but I'll have to wait to compare them to the film ones.  I did get
frustrated a few times when the wide was not wide enough; but, even though
I carried the R19 with the adapter attached, I rarely got frustrated enough
to use it.  I don't think the EXIF information will show "strange" lenses,
but I'll check.  That's another advantage to digital.  I know exactly which
lens I used (as long as it is compatible), at what aperture and every other
setting imaginable.  I can compare shots and see which give me the best
results!  I never knew before even which lens I used because I don't have
time to take notes like that.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com