Subject: [Leica] OT: wista 4x5 and mamiya 7 stolen - REWARD
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:39:27 -0600

From another list - hope people don't mind. As we once managed to recover a
Canadian's stolen Leica R's in Kuala Lumpur I thought it was worth posting
this just in case - you never know:

wista 4x5 and mamiya 7 stolen - REWARD
On friday night (9/12), four bags were taken out of the trunk of my crappy
1983 light blue toyota celica. It either occured on houston street near
wooster in SOHO, nyc or on Lorimer st. (near driggs) in greenpoint,
Brooklyn. The bags contained all of my camera equipment, important papers,
rolls of film I shot, unexposed film, and clothes. I am an art student with
a great deal of debt and no insurance. I can't afford to replace most of the
items, and some things, like my negatives and papers, are simply
irreplaceable. I have been making art with these cameras for years and have
an attachment to them. I'm pretty devastated by this loss and am willing to
offer a handsome reward for the safe return of my things, NO QUESTIONS
ASKED. It will be worthwhile to whoever has the equipment, because you won't
be able to fetch too much for it on the used marked. These things are very
important to me, and I am only concerned about their safe return. I can be
reached anytime at 917.345.0206 or via email at matthew.connors@yale.edu.
Here is a brief list of things taken. thanks.
Grey Bessler Backpack containing - Wista Technical SP 4x5 (black, somewhat
beat up) - Schneider Super Angulon 120mm f/8 lens (serial# 14217083) -
Mamiya 7 body, grey (serial # Q_1332, I’m not sure what the second letter
is, B?) - 65mm lens for Mamiya 7 (this had been dropped, so there is a large
dent on the filter ring) - wista 120 roll film back (in original box) -
several 4x5 film holders

Blue Tamarac camera bag - 40 rolls of unexposed kodak 120 film - 5 rolls of
exposed kodak 220 film - 10 sheets of exposed 4x5 film

Green Crumpler shoulder bag - two folders with articles, teaching materials,
and personal papers - personal notebook

Brown north face backpack - various clothes, toiletries and papers

Matthew Connors
matthew.connors@yale.edu