Subject: [Leica] Re: Photographer's personality
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:28:49 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/03 1:43:37 AM,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< However, I did once witness an

epic argument between Gordon Parks...a wonderful man...and Gene Smith

from which Smith slunk away in ignominy.  I no longer recall what that

argument was about, but it was certainly about something more important

than Nikon versus Leica.

Being a good photographer does not automatically make you a good person. I
know many excellent photographers who were nasty SOBs. In fact being assertive
and abrasive and having little regard for the feelings of others probably helps
in news work. "Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

Larry Z