Subject: RE: [Leica] Kodak Release
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:00:19 -0400

Kodak is discontinuing its slide projectors because almost no one in
business is doing slide shows.  It used to be any business presentation
had the deriguer slide presentation.  Now you get PowerPoint.  Traveling
sales people had those nifty all in one projector/screen machines to
trap you with their presentation: now you get it on the lap top.  George
Lepp used to show slides to demonstrate whatever technique he was doing:
now you get LCD projections.  Slide projectors were only incidentally
invented to torture B.D. with endless blown slides of out of focus
somethings that might have been a real human being if they weren't so
small on the screen; it was all about presentations in the business
world.

About the only people still using slides are LHSA folk and the fine art
community for submissions.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com