Subject: Re: [Leica] a woman ...
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:02:06 -0700

> Steve Barbour offered:
> > though I am a scientist, I shoot totally by instinct, and I am
trying
> > to understand better the whys and the hows of taking a good
> > photo...though just plain feeling it may be the best way for
> > me...Steve<<<
> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-52632.html <<<<<
>
> Hi Steve,
> Despite all the technical stuff written and espoused about the
perfect ways
> to take pictures, there isn't any question in my mind the best way
is.....
> In your gut feeling.... "shoot!"
***clip> All the techie stuff in the world isn't going to give you
"feeling"
> pictures. Maybe technically OK but they become paint by number
images.
> ted

I'm thinking now that photography, is more like the creative process
in science, than I realized...

in the following way (it kinda seems to me)...when shooting, if you
become constrained by rules and preconceptions, you are less likely to
react to the truly oddball, the unexpected, and the unique; this I
would guess interferes with the creative process.
Certainly in science, such an approach removes the element of
serendipity, by which all really great discoveries are made.

thanks for allowing me to be more of a philosopher than usual,

Steve

Message from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] a woman ...)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] a woman ...)