Subject: RE: [Leica] Glamour...Glamour...Glamour Contest
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:05:55 -0700

On 9/15/03 bdcolen@earthlink.net (bdcolen) thoughtfully wrote:

>And another E-1 image to which I am rather partial...
>http://home.earthlink.net/~bdcolen/P9140304.jpg

You know, if the E-1 or other digital people are going to be convincing then
you're going to have to shoot the same scene with film and the E-1 at nearly the
same time. How much subtle detail was lost that film would have captured in the
cloud and especially in the dark building in the foreground of this image.

If we're REALLY going to understand digital, film, and the
advantages/disadvantages of each then we need to challenge each equally.

Not a criticism, just a small revelation for me.

Adam