Subject: Re: [Leica] hello everyone
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 06:28:44 -0700

Liam Maloney introduced himself and his photography.
Subject: [Leica] hello everyone

>>> www.leica-gallery.net/getcloser/index.html <<<<

> Now I string for a weekly paper and shoot stills for
> the NFB. Humble beginnings, but I love it and it
> beats working in a record store...<<<

Hi Liam,
I'm an old time photojournalist who shot documentary assignments for the
National Film Board of Canada '56 -- '71when the "still Division" was in
Ottawa and NFB was the best place to shoot for in the country.

Month long projects around the country and overseas documenting the lives
and work of Canadian's and our life styles of the time. Monthly photo
stories on every imaginable subject one can have put before them.

Unfortunately the moron politicians and mickey mouse bureaucrats got into
the act and destroyed the best place to work in the world for any
photojournalist. :-( The last I heard the NFB is a mere shadow of it's
wonderful self, both movie and stills. A very unfortunate thing for our
country simply because we haven't had it's people truly documented since
about 1970-71. :-(

However, at first look of your photography, demonstration series, I'd say
you'd fit right in with the crew of the hey day! :-) Keep at it and stay
close! :-)

And welcome aboard, we'll watch for your material.
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited

"DOCTORS' WORK" book    www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Samples from the Women in Medicine project:
http://www.sandycarterphotography.com/WIMcollagePage.htm