Subject: Re: [Leica] Impact and lens mount of R8, Focus shift?
From: DentKimTerry@cs.com
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:03:09 EDT

Jim. I made a tripod mount for my 80-200mm lens (current model) out of the
STA-1 tripod mount which was made for the 100mm f2.8 APO macro lens. It fits on
nicely with only a small modification. A small notch (1/8") must be cut in it
in 2 places to make room for the red dot near the aperture ring.  It works and
allows rotation from horz. to vert. but is not rock solid.  They are hard to
find though as Leica discontinued the STA-1 some time ago. Terry Dent