Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG FOOLS - Wonderful LUG
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:46:08 -0500

Different sorts of reviews from different sorts of reviewers:
    Ted G (and others) seems to put down 'fern and rock images'
        I love a good fern and rock image - I know where the crits coming from - people photogs
        I love a good photograph no matter the genre: peeling paint to paupers to peppers
        I know quality when I see it because I've been looking, using, and doing for 40+ years.
    Non-photogs welcome to give their point of view and let us know your experience - and why you've chosen to engage a USER's group. Always good to let us have some idea of what that experience may offer. Newcomers seem to need to find some way to let the list know where they're coming from
        how much experience shooting?
        how much experience looking at prints?
        how much experience with the history of the craft?
        etc.?
    And photographers with little experience and desire to learn will find compassionate and loving mentors on this list.
    However when someone seems to prattle on as if experienced, knowledgeable, erudite, et al and in no way and can demonstrate a foundation - what are we think?

knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca (frank theriault)9/10/03

>They don't have to be photographers, but it helps!  If I receive criticism
>(positive or negative, as long as it's constructive) from a photographer

Fond regards,

G e o r g e   L o t t e r m o s e r,    imagist

<>Peace<>   <>Harmony<>  <>Stewardship<>

Presenting effective messages in beautiful ways
                                     since 1975
web	                          <www.imagist.com>
eMail                        george@imagist.com
voice                              262 241 9375
fax                                262 241 9398
                      Lotter Moser & Associates
10050 N Port Washington Rd  -  Mequon, WI 53092