Subject: Re: [Leica] Yet another one: Ed Teller OFF-TOPIC
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:22:22 -0700

Actually, he told me he didn't think there would be fusion reactors in
commercial use into well into the second quarter of the 21st century.
He didn't think technology or knowledge would be capable of harnessing
it until about then. And that's assuming it will ever be harnessed. He
thought there was a good chance it would not be in anyone's lifetime.

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 10:04  AM, Dan C wrote:

> I think if that guy had had his way, we'd all be using H-bombs to
> power our
> backyard barbeques.
Eric
Carlsbad, CA

"The theory of a free press is that truth will emerge from free
discussion, not that it will be presented perfectly and instantly in
any one account."

- -- Walter Lippmann