Subject: RE: [Leica] 6 p.m. wedding eve to ceremony conclusion...
From: Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 19:28:38 -0500

B.D.

I don't really understand some of the criticism of this set of
photos.Since there was an "official" photographer to record all the
"official" moments, the project should involve recording the
atmosphere of the time around the wedding, as well as something of
the personalities of the participants. I have tried to do similar
projects for family and close friends and it's damned hard work. I
have never been nearly as successful as you in recording such an
event. it took me a long time to learn that the quirky photos that
would never have been placed in a "wedding photographer's" proof book
often wind up being the most prominently displayed 8x10's in the
bride's home-because they evoke the events so clearly.

Thanks for sharing these with us- they are a wonderful set, and I
learned a lot from looking at them- I wish i could get that "same
angle" down.

Allen