Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica purchase decision conundrum
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 13:43:13 -0600

The 1.25x magnifier does not make an 0.58x into a 0.72x. The 0.72x
finder is a magnificent achievement: crystal clear and tack sharp. The
0.58x finder's superimposed image is slightly dim and fuzzy when
compared to an 0.72x. This does not make a difference in everyday use
but critical wide open and close focusing in lowlight is MUCH easier
with an 0.72x. I actually find such critical work impossible with my
0.58x regardless of whether the magnifier is attached or not.

John Collier