Subject: Re: [Leica] Michiel's PAW 31(polarizer question)
From: Jean-Christophe Barnoud <barnoud@1839.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:00:17 +0200

Frank,

I tried to describe all existing systems to mount a polarizing filter on
a Leica rangefinder camera on this page :
http://www.1839.org/hors/trucs/polarsm/index.html?lang=en

I have not used all of them, but for now my favorite is the see-through
system (Lutz Konermann's STEPS or Heliopan leica step-up rings) which I
find to be of excellent quality (the rings are well machined brass, just
use a good quality 77mm filter), faster to use and cheaper than Leica's
own offering. No shade included though.

Jean-Christophe Barnoud