Subject: RE: [Leica] Film for B&W digital printing ?
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:26:13 +0100

In my opinion if you use one of the chromogenic films you will get ease
of processing and scanning. The disadvantages of Tri-X are that the
scanning tends to emphasize the grain, and you can't use ICE with it.
The dye structure of the chromogenics give you a much better scan if you
scan them in colour and then desaturate in my opinion.

Gerry