Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Photoshop 7 problem
From: David B Norris <DavidNorris@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 19:57:48 -0400

There are two places in Windows 2000 / XP that are used for Temp files which
sometimes are not deleted as they are suppose to be after an application is
closed.  Old Temp files can remain in these directories and cause problems,
especially when restarting the same application. Any files in these two
directories are safe to delete as long as all application are closed except
Windows Explorer, or equivalent.  If an app is running, it probably won't
let you delete them some of them anyhow.  I routinely clean out these two
directories when doing PM on my computers.

    o  Number 1 is the TEMP sub-directory under the WINDOWS directory.
Select all of the files there and delete them.

    o  The second is a bit harder to find. I'm using XP, but I think it's
the same under 2000. Go to the DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS directory, then the
directory for the User that's signed in, (e.g., DAVE or OWNER), then the
LOCAL SETTINGS directory, and then the TEMP directory. Select all of the
files there and delete them.  If those directions are not correct for 2000,
then try the PROFILES sub-directory under the WINDOWS directory.

It's good Preventive Maintenance to do this every once in awhile. Hope it
helps with your problem.

Dave