Subject: [Leica] Week 3 with the Noct.
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:07:43 -0700

I've put about 5-6 rolls through it so far.

GOOD:

Still have it.
Stopped down, sharpness doesn't seem to be any worse than my Summicron
DR.
It doesn't have the bite of the current 50 Cron for my R, but then not
much else does.
I'm still really impressed by how flare resistant this piece of glass
is.

BAD:

The hood:
Using the clip on (12544) hood blocks about 1/3rd of the viewfinder and
is driving me nuts. Without the hood the Noct blocks about 1/4 of the
finder, an amount I can live with. I've started to shoot without the
hood, Ted Grant style. ;-) No, UV filter either...

I really need to get a lens release button guard for my M2. With the
extra weight of the Noct a good accidental tap on the button WILL
release the lens!  It's not a problem on my M6TTL, because of the
guard, but I prefer the more accurate 50 framelines of the M2.

feli

safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety. 				-Benjamin Franklin

feli2@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Week 3 with the Noct.)