Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying a used M2 - What to look out for?
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 15:22:05 -0700

Plan on adding $250-300 bucks for a CLA to get the camera running
properly.
Your M2 is going to be a few decades old and the lubricants will have
dried up,
therefore your shutter times etc will be off. Shooting the camera
without proper
lubrication is like driving a car with no oil in the engine. Don't
expect it to last
without the proper maintenance.

www.ritzcam.com sells M cameras that have had a CLA by DAG. It's a good
deal.

feli

On Sunday, Sep 7, 2003, at 07:49 US/Pacific, Justin Low wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> If I am able to handle a M2 before deciding to buy it, what should I
> look out for?
>
> I mean, like beyond the obvious no bullet holes or huge dents or
> cracked
> glass, or more likely the smoothness of all the levers and buttons,
> what
> else should one pay attention to? I would be a first time buyer, so any
> advice would be most appreciated.

safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety. 				-Benjamin Franklin

feli2@earthlink.net